Monday 6 June 2011

.Thermomix Cooking - Raspberry Friands.

I had never made friands before, but I had some egg whites left over from another recipe that I needed to use and they looked quick and yummy.  And they were!  I've always bought pre-ground almond meal (ground almonds) but last time I was buying some I noticed that the price difference between ground and whole almonds is huge!  Now that I have my Thermomix, I only buy whole almonds and just ground them as I need them.

Raspberry Friands
30g almonds
125g butter
100g sugar
75g self-raising flour
45g coconut
4 egg whites
100g raspberries (fresh or frozen)

Place almonds into TM bowl (if you are using raw sugar, add to bowl also).  Grind on speed 10 for 10 seconds.  Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place butter into TM bowl.  Melt on 80 degrees, speed 2 for 1 minute.
Add almonds, sugar, flour, coconut and egg whites to bowl.  Combine for 30 seconds on interval speed.
Spoon mixture into greased friand (or muffin) tins.  Press raspberries into the top of each friand.
Bake in 200 degree celsius oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

yum! my thermomix arrived yesterday and i've already made so many things! especially for elodie! I might send hubby out for almonds

I've been making my hummos with sesame seeds and grinding them to make the tahini in the thermomix and loving it. I honestly don't know how I lived without it and now need to backtrack through your blog and make all your recipes:)

Corrie:)

Kayci said...

These were delicious. I whipped them up so quick this afternoon and both husband and Miss 3 loved them. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails