Wednesday 13 July 2011

.Thermomix Cooking - Apple and Blueberry Muffins.

Muffins are easy peasy to cook anytime, so making muffin mixture in the thermomix is even easier than easy!  This recipe is actually taken from the Everday Cookbook - I was a little dubious as to how they would turn out but they are the best fruit muffins I've ever made.  These always go down well and the kids are getting a good dose of fruit as they are packed full.  Mix it up and add what ever fruit you like - apricots, raspberries, bananas, sultanas...

Apple and Blueberry Muffins
160g self-raising flour
150g wholmeal (or white) plain flour
180g milk
150g raw sugar
2 eggs
70g olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 can blueberries, drained
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into cubes


Place all ingredients, except fruit, into the TM bowl and mix for 40 seconds on speed 4-5.
Add blueberries and apples and carefully mix in by hand using TM spatula (I do this by hand so that the blueberries don't turn to mush).
Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake in moderate oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

4 comments:

Simone Triffitt said...

oh oh oh I have finally ordered a thermy so I can't wait to try this recipe.

Kylie said...

I just ordered one too - so looking forward to it arriving:) Thanks in advance for the recipe.

Maia said...

These were delicious, thank you! I added cinnamon and left out the blueberries, also only used 100 g sugar, and they were lovely!! Thanks :)

Christine said...

Just made these and they were delicious! My changes were only 100g raw sugar and were still really sweet. I had buttermilk left over from thermomix butter so added that instead of milk and also chopped the apple in he bowl beforehand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails