Friday 3 May 2013

.Sewing for baby: Baby Shower blankets.

In preparation for baby boy, I sewed a couple of Baby Shower blankets last month. I absolutely LOVE these blankets! I have actually been making them for a few years (see here, here, here and here) but I've perfected the size and method now to make them the perfect baby blanket ever.
They are the perfect size and thickness for wrapping nice and snug, throwing over the pram or capsule, using as a mat on the floor and they look great too! 
Funny how as soon as I found out I was having another boy, what I look for in fabric has totally changed. I'm always on the look-out for cool boy-friendly prints now as I realise that all of those pretty girly fabrics are probably going to sit unused with only one girl to sew for! 
I'm in love with the fabrics I choose for these blankets.
And you can never go wrong with backing a baby quilt with  minkee. It's the softest, snuggliest fabric ever.
 Not long now till we can meet the little man and get wrapping!
SUPPLIES
Make It Perfect, Baby Shower Creative Card
Erin McMorris, Moxie, Chatroom in Royal
Anthology, Theory, Lattice Diamonds in Lime 
Dan Stiles, Safari Soiree, Ele Train in Shroom
Michelle Engle Bencsko, Simpatico, Straws in Peachy

4 comments:

James Mountbatten said...

Really cute blankets... good work!

trishie said...

The blankets looks so cute! Look the fabric you used, esp the one with the elephants.

PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

Kelly said...

They are adorable Toni!

Little Boo Teek said...

They are absolutely gorgeous. I love the designs. We used similar homemade blankets for the floor for our children, and being lightweight they were really easy to pack in the nappy bag when we went out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails